Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rocking out like a soft pebble

Tuesday morning. Getting ready to go swim. Not feeling it.
 I ignore the little red man on my shoulder and make my way to the pool.
As I warm up, the pool fills up slowly, going for 3 to 8 swimmers in my usual lane.
I get an invite to jump in the faster lane, I agree and think...this is it. Today IS the day.
Well.
Today was the day that the stone stopped rolling. I felt like a rock, paced like a rock, and swam like a rock. SO if it looks, acts and does like a rock...well it THINKS like a rock.
I had work duties calling me, could have made the whole set, but chose to get out early.
So I chickened out like a rock. and I still feel like a rock!
Yes, I have been having headaches in the last 3 days, but really? getting out early? Well.
Reset button has been pressed.
New beginnings.
Like a rock skipping on the water, I am off running!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Rock is also slang for gem or diamond
    2. You are as SOLID AS A ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sucks when you give in to the short way out, but use it as fuel for the next time you get that feeling of wanting to skip out early....remember how dis-satisfying it was...."i shoulda finished", well it aint happening again!! thats for sure!

    ps, great pacing tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete