Friday, February 25, 2011

Curbing the GG

February has been a long month as far as I'm concerned; thankfully it's the shortest of the year. After getting a fair dose of antibiotics and health issues, I believe I am finally past it (fingers crossed).
Medically getting better, my moral has taken a toll. Motivation to fully get back into Ironman training has been hard to find. "I got the grumps" has been my motto for the last few days, hence the nickname Grumpy Gen (GG), which I inherited from my training buddies Klaus and Lawrence.

So after grumping along all week, last night, I rode my way to the Right Shoe tempo ride at Riley Park. We rode a 24-minute tempo split in 6-minute blocks (high tempo zone/low tempo zone/high tempo zone/low tempo zone). Even though the last 6 minutes were supposed to be in the lower end of my zone,  my legs felt strong and I wanted/needed to feel good, so I decided to CURB THE GG, and it worked! I nailed the last bit causing the wattage to soar and a smile to appear. Little did I know that my smile would freeze riding back home at a frigid -17 Celcius.

So long February, glad you are almost over...and that I found a way to Curb the GG!
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment