Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 3 is a wrap; 31 more to come!

So this morning was the conclusive session of week 3 and it ended it with a bang: a 20 minute tempo (unbeknownst to any Right Shoers). Should have known the coach wouldn't let the last build session go undercover.

So sleep deprived and still reminiscing the few glasses of strong grape juice consumed the night before, I did my laces up and hit the route with the group.
Run was great, tempo was unexpectedly awesome and 22.3 km later, week 3 was officially a wrap!

In a nutshell, Week 3 was intense as I got tested for aerobic and lactate thresholds both on the bike and on the threadmill. I was pretty content with my lactate accumulations (12.2 mmol/L on the run, 11.9 mmol/L on the bike) and once I get the results (tomorrow-yippee!), I should have more to talk, hopefully "brag", about. To quote an accomplished Brit, I got the job done!

Right now, the only thing I can brag about, is that I am doing the forward moonwalk. No need to tow a truck tire during any runs for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment