Monday, January 10, 2011

Trying this blogging thing

What else to do on a recovery day than to start a blog.
On August 30, 2010, I signed up for Ironman Canada, along with 7 others. In September, I kept busy training for the Portland Marathon and on 10-10-10, I ran my 5th marathon. I weathered the rain and made my way to the finish with a new PB of 3:15:14 (WOOT).
Then, the off-season kicked in and I kept fit by getting a personalized strength training program with my coach Lara and using my membership at the YWCA in Vancouver. I ran and crosstrained on a regular basis.

And finally came Christmas, with a great gift: my 34-week Ironman training Program!

January 4 was the start of week one. I nailed my 11 workouts and got a new and challenging strength training program that should propel the legs as they touch the pedals!

I swam 3 times with the Dolphins; however, it must be said that Saturday morning was at rock pace!

Week one is done...and the blog has started! Just need some TLC so it reflects the French!
Cheers
GEN

No comments:

Post a Comment