Monday, January 17, 2011

Adding the 4th training discipline

Week two (of 32) flew by; I can only know it happened when I hit the stairs and the quads are sending the memo that the training season is full on!

This week, the volume finally picked up both the in swim and the bike. By the end of the long ride on Saturday, every right turn signal got lower as I kept turning right. By the end of the ride, you could barely notice my fingers at shoulder height! Great swimming week I bet.
The run was steady and I managed to squeeze in a solid zone 5 run on Friday, as the Pineapple Express system took a break to backfill its reserves of water and poor it down over the week-end.

Finally, the pinnacle of this week's training was the addition of the 4th sport in triathlon: nutrition.

Last year, I struggled with my iron level as the training picked up. I suffered from anaemia and I told myself there was no way I was going to be anaemic again. Thus, on New Year's eve, I made a resolution to eat meat, as my health should come first and foremost. So Saturday, after a swim, a long ride and a long shower, I had a steak. The first in 12 years! Needless to say that only half of the best quality of a lean "filet mignon" was eaten. I would like to believe that I am already "fully ironized", but we will know on August 28!

All for now, time to recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment